Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Teaching Techniques


This blog is dedicated to the ways in which teachers change the lives of their students.


The high school drop-out rate is growing. It is my belief that teachers are responsible for how their students feel about school and learning. I have had teachers who have made me excited to come to school, and I have had teachers who weren't so motivating.


I plan to interview students to learn their opinions of their teachers, and how their teachers have influenced their lives.


In addition to interviewing students, I will interview teachers at the IDEA Institute. I will ask what techniques they use to capture their students' interest, who their most memorable teachers were and why, and how they decided to become teachers.


By the time I am finished with this project I hope to have developed a better understanding of how and why teachers work, and to give current teachers tips on how to become better at what they do.

1 comment:

Kent said...

"You are rewarding a teacher poorly if you remain always a pupil." - Nietzche

Check this link to find a great poem about teachers:

http://www.montereybaypoetry.com/fielding.htm